Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Porcelain repair project

Winter has forced my cast iron cooking experiments indoors. I had nearly perfected the multi-step, multi-hour religious experience of cooking ribs in a cast iron roaster on the gas grill outside.

I couldn't resist trying the magic in the oven. The cooking technique worked well on pork loin ribs.

I completed the ritual by scrubbing the prehistoric pot with no soap in water hotter than I could stand. Unfortunately, the top slipped from my grip as I set it on the stove top to complete the drying process.

Here, you see the result...chipped porcelain finish on white stove, poo, I said to myself. I was off to Home Depot in search of a porcelain repair kit. (I had honed my filling skills on the previous 50-year old stove.)

Still sanding and buffing lightly for the desired result...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment