Saturday, January 10, 2009

Legacy of Innovation Continues at 97


Ever the innovative thinker, Grandpa Tony was determined to help me load into my trunk the:
• 4-foot tree
• Containers filled with ornaments
• Festive wreath

…that I had just packed away for another year.

I grew nervous as he rolled his loaded up walker out of the apartment entryway and on to the sidewalk.

Too bad, Grandpa silently declared, there was no stopping him now that he had on his ear flap hat and winter coat fully zipped. Lucky for me, he stopped just a few steps outside and allowed me to transfer the bounty from the sidewalk to my car.

Glimpsing the icy walk just 12-inches away, he shrugged and deftly wheeled back inside.

"This makes a pretty handy cart, too," he declared as we headed back down the hallway. "I really can't get around without it, you know. But it works great for more than just than just walking."

No comments:

Post a Comment