Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Manhattan in Chicago

Every few years, I like to drive (rather than fly) to my sister's place in Ohio for Christmas. While I have driven straight through before (about 10 hours) I wisely planned a stop in Chicago on the way there and another in Milwaukee on the return trip.

My adventure began with a fit, then a start – I dropped my keys in the snow while shoveling a path to my garage. A search through the fluffy stuff proved futile. No worries, I dug out my back-up set of keys and hit the road.

The remainder of the day's travel was pleasant, at least it was for me. Other drivers were not as skilled in navigating the icy I-94 through Wisconsin. I can't recall seeing more cars rolled onto their roofs in the ditch; slid in, sure, but rolled? I proceeded with caution and blew into the Windy City unscathed (this time).

I generally stay along Michigan Avenue, but this time explored the more diverse neighborhood of the Loop. My favorite stop was Fleming's where I enjoyed an exquisite Manhattan in the heart of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment